NZ Certificate in Collision Repair and Automotive Refinishing - Refinishing
Develop skills to prepare a vehicle for painting. Masking, priming and filling through to painting methods, colour selection and colour matching.
What you will learn
- Learn spray-painting techniques
- Develop skills in refinishing
- Learn about panel engineering
- Gains skills in panel preparation and collision repair
- Learn about automotive electrical and communications
- Workplace health and safety
You'll spend three days per week in class, one day of self-directed study and one day on work experience.
- Auto Body Painter
- Auto Refinisher
- Under 20
- 10 credits NCEA Level 1 numeracy
- 10 credits NCEA Level 1 literacy
- At least 5 credits in reading and 5 credits in writing
If you’re 20 years or over, contact us to see if you qualify for special admissions on our programmes.
What it will cost
- Fee: $6,968
- Course related costs: $183
Student services fee: $220
Your student fee is included in your course fees. It is not billed separately. Amount shown is based on full year study. More details.
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
Documents and other details
- Offered by:
- School of Engineering
- Offered by:
- Te Kāhui Pūkenga o ngā Pūkaha
- Formal programme title:
- New Zealand Certificate in Collision Repair and Automotive Refinishing (Level 3)
- Programme code: