Business Administration and Technology
In just 17 weeks, develop key skills needed in office administration. Use Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint. Learn accounting software such as MYOB. Improve customer service and communication skills. Work effectively in teams.
What you will learn
- Microsoft Word formatting skills to intermediate level
- Produce business documents
- Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint
- MYOB accounting software
- Deal with financial transactions, including accounts receivable and payable
- Database management using Microsoft Access
- Introductory web design skills
- Customer service and communication skills
This is an achievement-based programme, with a marks and grades awarding system ranging from A+ to C.
- Administration Assistant
- Customer Service Roles
- Personal Assistant
- Data Entry Operator
Further study options
Build your skills in business administration and computing.
- Under 20
- 10 NCEA literacy credits at Level 1 or above
- 10 NCEA numeracy credits at Level 1 or above
- Or equivalent academic or practical experience of an appropriate kind
If you’re 20 years or over, contact us to see if you qualify for special admissions on our programmes.
What it will cost
- Fee: $3,060
Student services fee: $220
Compulsory fee, based on full time study. More details about how this fee is set and how you can input.
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
- Offered by:
- School of Business and Information Technology
- Offered by:
- Te Kete Hangarau o te Pākihi me te Aronui
- Formal programme title:
- New Zealand Certificate in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 3)
- Programme code: