New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills
Ideal introductory course for school leavers or people wanting entry-level office admin skills. 17 weeks. Open entry. Improve your literacy and numeracy skills. Develop basic computing abilities and the confidence to deliver great customer service. Options to progress on to higher-level programmes.
What you will learn
- Basic keyboarding skills and word processing
- Internet and email for the office
- Customer service skills and how to handle complaints
- Apply literacy and numeracy skills to solve workplace problems
- Understand financial documents
- Work effectively in team environments
- Develop your CV and career goals
- Retail Assistant
Further study options
- Under 20
International students – minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or equivalent.
What it will cost
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
To enrol as a international student you will need to download and complete our international enrolment form.
Once completed, you may submit the form and accompanying documentation directly to WelTec International, or go through one of our registered recruitment agents.
Documents and other details
- Offered by:
- School of Business and Information Technology
- Offered by:
- Te Kete Hangarau o te Pākihi me te Aronui
- Formal programme title:
- New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 2)
- Programme code: