Learn to prepare surfaces and paint interiors and exteriors. Interpret building drawings and specifications. Erect scaffolding. There's the opportunity to practise your skills on the houses we build or by working on a community project.
What you will learn
- Gain work site skills, including the safe use of painting and decorating materials
- Prepare surfaces and apply paint by brush and roller to manufacturers’ specifications
- Apply measurements and calculations from work drawings and specifications
- Order and specify paint systems
- Erect scaffolding and apply site safety procedures
Further study options
Learn advanced decorating skills.
- Under 20
- 10 credits NCEA Level 1 numeracy
- 10 credits NCEA Level 1 literacy
What it will cost
- Fee: $3,300
Student services fee: $220
Your student fee is included in your course fees. It is not billed separately. Amount shown is based on full year study. More details.
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
- Offered by:
- School of Construction
- Offered by:
- Ngā whare tapu o Tane-mata-rau-kiri
- Formal programme title:
- Certificate in Foundation Studies (Painting)(Level 3)
- Programme code: