Start your career in construction. Try out different trades. Gain your NCEA Level 2 in 17 weeks. Study fees free. Prepare for work in one of New Zealand's fastest-growing sectors. All your learning will be on-site. It’s a practical course and you’ll work on real projects.
What you will learn
- You’ll learn starter skills in a range of trades
- Carpentry. Landscaping. Painting. Glazing. Plumbing. Roofing. Electrical
- Gain the skills to work on a construction site
- Learn how to safely use and maintain tools
- Make building calculations
- Choose appropriate building materials
- Learn where to purchase materials from
- Understand health and safety
This course provides a great start for a construction career and is a good way to prepare for an apprenticeship.
- Landscape Contractor
- Gas Fitter
- Brick and Block Layer
Further study options
- Under 20
What it will cost
No study fees (other course related costs may still apply)
This programme is fees free for all ages.
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
- Offered by:
- School of Construction
- Offered by:
- Ngā whare tapu o Tane-mata-rau-kiri
- Formal programme title:
- National Certificate of Educational Achievement (Vocational Pathway Construction and Infrastructure Sector)
- Programme code: