Plumbing. Drainlaying. Gasfitting. Roofing
Start your plumbing career. Gain the knowledge and practical skills to enter an apprenticeship in the plumbing, drainlaying, gasfitting and roofing industries. Learn in our workshops and brand new drainlaying pit.
What you will learn
- Learn how to use and maintain tools and equipment
- Develop skills in welding, brazing and soldering
- Install drains, working out levels using lasers
- Cover the installation of plumbing fixtures, water pipes and water heaters
- Understand how to safely install gas pipes
- Install different types of roofs
- Follow industry health and safety
- Get trained and certified in first aid
- Drain Layer
- Gas Fitter
- Heating and Ventilation Installer
- Heat Pump Installer
- Under 20
- 10 credits NCEA level 1 numeracy
- 10 credits NCEA level 1 literacy
If you’re 20 years or over, contact us to see if you qualify for special admissions on our programmes.
What it will cost
- Fee: $6,600
Student services fee: $220
Your student fee is included in your course fees. It is not billed separately. Amount shown is based on full year study. More details.
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
Documents and other details
- Offered by:
- School of Construction
- Offered by:
- Ngā whare tapu o Tane-mata-rau-kiri
- Formal programme title:
- Certificate in Plumbing, Drainlaying, Gasfitting and Roofing (Level 3)
- Programme code: