Supervisor (Construction Related)
Supervise contracts for construction projects large and small. Build your project management skills. Designed for those with industry experience or relevant qualification.
What you will learn
- Monitor and manage different trades
- Operate within a regulatory environment to implement processes for site personnel as it applies to a specific construction related trade
- Implement construction programming for a specific trade’s portion of a construction project
- Apply principles of supervision in a construction related workplace to supervise groups of specific tradespeople to the completion of their activities to a quality standard
- Manage people and job sites, to the required safety, technical, quality and productivity standards
- Apply effective time management, communication, interpersonal and conflict management resolution skills when supervising in a construction related context
- Site Manager
- Contracts Manager
- Project Manager
- Construction Manager
Further study options
- Under 20
- Completion of the National Certificate in Construction Trades (Supervisor) (Level 4)
- Completion of a Level 3 National Certificate in a Construction Related Trade
- Or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and skills
Candidates must be employed within the construction industry and have employer approval for access to main contract supervision within their company of employment. It is expected that candidates for this programme will have existing knowledge and skills in the trade that they will be supervising.
If you’re 20 years or over, contact us to see if you qualify for special admissions on our programmes.
What it will cost
- Fee: $2,535
Student services fee: $220
Your student fee is included in your course fees. It is not billed separately. Amount shown is based on full year study. More details.
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
Documents and other details
- Offered by:
- School of Engineering
- Offered by:
- Te Kāhui Pūkenga o ngā Pūkaha
- Formal programme title:
- New Zealand Certificate in Construction Related Trades (Supervisor)
- Programme code: