Improve your maths skills. Work to achieve entry to engineering programmes. The five-week programme is focused on the maths used in engineering. There are three different courses to suit your skill level.
What you will learn
- Three different programmes to suit your skill level
- Introductory mathematics (Level 3). Boost your mathematical skills and concepts to further understand your knowledge in number, measurement, trigonometry and algebra. Solve problems in the engineering environment.
- Engineering mathematics (Level 4). Further your understanding of engineering mathematics by the learning the rules, formulae, functions, concepts and analysis required in the engineering field.
- Engineering mathematics (Level 5). Use maths to solve engineering problems. Gain skills to solve contextualised engineering problems at a higher level.
Boost your understanding of numbers, measurement, trigonometry and algebra. Solve engineering-related problems.
This course can assist in entry to the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering.
Get a head start and complete the maths course of the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering over summer. Learn the rules, formulae, functions, concepts and analysis required in engineering.
This course provides credit towards the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering. It can assist in entry to the Bachelor of Engineering Technology.
Get a head start and complete the Bachelor of Engineering Technology maths course over summer. Solve engineering maths problems at a higher level.
This course can give entry to the Bachelor of Engineering Technology. It provides credit towards the Bachelor degree.
Further study options
You could gain entry into a higher-level programme.
- Under 20
Open entry, with an interview and study assessment.
Contact us to see if you qualify for special admissions on our programmes.
What it will cost
- Fee: $772
Student services fee: $220
Compulsory fee, based on full time study. More details about how this fee is set and how you can input.
- Fee to be confirmed
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
To enrol as a international student you will need to download and complete our international enrolment form.
Once completed, you may submit the form and accompanying documentation directly to WelTec International, or go through one of our registered recruitment agents.
- Offered by:
- School of Engineering
- Offered by:
- Te Kāhui Pūkenga o ngā Pūkaha
- Formal programme title:
- Certificate in Foundation Studies (Level 3) Engineering
- Programme code: