New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Emerging Stylist)
Further your skills from salon support. Develop more complex skills in cutting, styling and colouring techniques. Work with clients in the salon at a more advanced level. Take part in a photographic competition. Gain confidence while working in industry. Equivalent of Year 2 of an apprenticeship.
What you will learn
- Learn the techniques of complex hairdressing and styling
- Gain in-depth knowledge of hair and scalp treatments
- Learn to style hair by cutting and waving
- Practise creative colouring and foiling techniques
- Understand and apply bleaching techniques
- Consult with clients in our salon
- Learn professional salon practice and incentives
- Develop photographic styling knowledge
- Opportunity to work on the World of WearableArt™ Awards show, regional competitions, fashion shows and theatrical productions
Continue on as a third-year apprentice working in industry. Work in a hairdressing team or towards becoming a salon owner. Be a stylist in the entertainment industry.
- Salon Owner
- Fashion Hair Stylist
- Film and Theatre Hair Stylist
- Sales Rep
- Under 20
- New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support)(Level 3).
- Or Year 1 hairdressing apprenticeship, or equivalent.
If you’re 20 years or over, contact us to see if you qualify for special admissions on our programmes.
What it will cost
You will also need to purchase a hairdressing kit.
- Course related costs: $330
Student services fee: $220
Your student fee is included in your course fees. It is not billed separately. Amount shown is based on full year study. More details.
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
- Offered by:
- School of Creative Industries
- Offered by:
- Te Ranga Ahumahi o ngā Hāpori
- Formal programme title:
- New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Emerging Stylist) (Level 4)
- Programme code: