New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support)
Start your career in the hairdressing industry. Develop the practical skills and knowledge needed to work in a salon support role. Deliver exceptional customer service. Gain credit for the first year of a hairdressing apprenticeship or study to be an emerging stylist. Options in Wellington and Petone.
What you will learn
- Fundamentals of hairdressing and styling
- Understand the use of elementary colours, foils, high-lights and low-lights
- Perform elementary blow drying and long hair styling techniques
- Gain knowledge in hair treatments and scalp massage
- Learn about safe, hygienic and professional practice
- Work on real clients in the salon and develop your reception, customer service and consultation skills
- Opportunity to work on the World of WearableArt™ Awards show, regional competitions, fashion shows and theatre productions
Work as a salon assistant. Or you might continue on with training as a second-year apprentice working in industry.
- Salon Assistant
- Fashion Hair Stylist
Further study options
Another option is to further your hairdressing training.
- Under 20
- NCEA Level 1, or equivalent.
If you’re 20 years or over, contact us to see if you qualify for special admissions on our programmes.
What it will cost
- Fee: $6,125
Student services fee: $220
Compulsory fee, based on full time study. More details about how this fee is set and how you can input.
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
- Offered by:
- School of Creative Industries
- Offered by:
- Te Ranga Ahumahi o ngā Hāpori
- Formal programme title:
- New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) (Level 3)
- Programme code: