What you will learn
- Learn basic cooking methods, such as frying, baking, poaching and grilling
- Practice cooking in a professional environment, demonstrating food safety methods
- Develop customer service skills
- Learn food and beverage service skills
- Kitchen Assistant
Further study options
Further develop your skills, either in Cookery or Food and Beverage.
- Under 20
International students – minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.0 with no band score lower than 5, or equivalent.
What it will cost
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
To enrol as a international student you will need to download and complete our international enrolment form.
Once completed, you may submit the form and accompanying documentation directly to WelTec International, or go through one of our registered recruitment agents.
Documents and other details
- Offered by:
- School of Business and Information Technology
- Offered by:
- Te Kete Hangarau o te Pākihi me te Aronui
- Formal programme title:
- New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality (Level 2)
- Programme code: