Food and Beverage Service
Gain front-of-house skills to begin working as a waiter or barista. Professional table service. Barista skills. Beverages. Cash handling. Get experience working in our training restaurant. Serve customers in our cafe.
What you will learn
- Learn skills in professional table service
- Gain skills to use barista equipment
- Expand your knowledge of menus and beverages
- Learn skills in cash handling and in other areas of service environments
- You'll wear a professional uniform and visit some of Wellington's restaurants and cafes
- Benefit from small classes - plus if you're enrolling with friends, we'll put you in the same class
Incorporating the City & Guilds International Award in Barista Skills (7102-52)
Further study options
- Under 20
- 10 NCEA literacy credits at Level 1 or above (as specified on the NZQA list) made up of 5 credits in reading and 5 credits in writing
- 10 numeracy credits at Level 1 or above (as specified on the NZQA list)
- Or an equivalent qualification
If you’re 20 years or over, contact us to see if you qualify for special admissions on our programmes.
What it will cost
- Fee: $3,300
Student services fee: $220
Your student fee is included in your course fees. It is not billed separately. Amount shown is based on full year study. More details.
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
Documents and other details
- Offered by:
- School of Hospitality
- Offered by:
- Te Kūmete nui o te Manaakitanga
- Formal programme title:
- New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Level 3) Restaurant Services and Barista
- Programme code: