What you will learn
- Gain hands-on understanding of supervisory roles
- Develop skills in table and silver service
- Enhance your knowledge of wine and beverages
- Gain expertise to work in cafes and bars
- Become skilled in using barista equipment
- Learn skills in billing procedures
There are opportunities in New Zealand and overseas in a wide range of front-of-house roles in cafés, restaurants, bars, hotels, airlines and in the tourism industry. There are also careers in supervisory roles.
- Under 20
- 10 NCEA literacy credits at level 1 or above (as specified on the NZQA list) made up of 5 credits in reading and 5 credits in writing
- 10 numeracy credits at Level 1 or above (as specified on the NZAQ list)
Or equivalent qualification and any one of the following:
- Successful completion of NZ2104 New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage (Level 3) any strand
- Or equivalent qualification; or current or recent employment in food and beverage industry, with a minimum of 6 months experience
If you’re 20 years or over, contact us to see if you qualify for special admissions on our programmes.
What it will cost
- Fee: $3,300
Student services fee: $220
Your student fee is included in your course fees. It is not billed separately. Amount shown is based on full year study. More details.
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
Documents and other details
- Offered by:
- School of Hospitality
- Offered by:
- Te Kūmete nui o te Manaakitanga
- Formal programme title:
- New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Service (Level 4) (Restaurant Services)
- Programme code: