Learn introductory hospitality skills in Petone. You will cover both cookery and food and beverage service. Gain basic skills ready for the hospitality industry, or go on to study higher-level courses.
What you will learn
- Learn basic cooking methods, such as frying, baking, poaching and grilling
- Practice cooking in a professional environment, demonstrating food safety methods
- Develop customer service skills
- Learn food and beverage service skills
- Kitchen Assistant
Further study options
Further develop your skills, either in Cookery or Food and Beverage.
- Under 20
What it will cost
- Fee: $1,785
Student services fee: $220
Compulsory fee, based on full time study. More details about how this fee is set and how you can input.
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
- Offered by:
- School of Business and Information Technology
- Offered by:
- Te Kete Hangarau o te Pākihi me te Aronui
- Formal programme title:
- New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality (Level 2)
- Programme code: