Engineering Machining Skills Introduction
Learn basic mechanical engineering machinery operation.
What you will learn
- Interpret dimensions for technical plans
- Apply mathematical calculations
- Turning, fitting, grinding, measurement and heat treatment
- Introduction to lathe operations, drilling operations, mill operation
You'll need the following items for the workshop:
- Overalls or dustcoat
- Steel-capped safety shoes or boots
- Safety glasses
What it will cost
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
To enrol as a international student you will need to download and complete our international enrolment form.
Once completed, you may submit the form and accompanying documentation directly to WelTec International, or go through one of our registered recruitment agents.
- Offered by:
- School of Business and Information Technology
- Offered by:
- Te Kete Hangarau o te Pākihi me te Aronui
- Formal programme title:
- Engineering Machining Skills Introduction
- Programme code: