MIG and TIG Welding Introduction
Try welding. Suitable for hobbyists and people who want to learn and practise their welding and cutting technique. You'll have the opportunity to work on your own projects.
What you will learn
- Safety in the welding industry
- Setting up welding equipment
- TIG welding techniques for low carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminium
- MIG welding techniques for low carbon steel and aluminium
- Learn to recognise and repair the most common welding faults
- Gain basic distortion control techniques
- Manual thermal cutting
You'll need the following items for the workshop:
- Overalls or dustcoat
- Steel-capped safety shoes or boots
- Safety glasses
Students that display an advanced level of skill and have potential to pass the Welding AS/NZS 2980; 2007 Certification exams will get the opportunity to sit these exams. Additional costs apply.
This qualification is the Certificate of Achievement in MIG and TIG Welding.
Note: This programme is not approved for student loans.
- Under 20
What it will cost
- Fee to be confirmed
Student services fee: $220
Compulsory fee, based on full time study. More details about how this fee is set and how you can input.
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
- Offered by:
- School of Engineering
- Offered by:
- Te Kāhui Pūkenga o ngā Pūkaha
- Formal programme title:
- MIG and TIG Welding Introduction
- Programme code: