Accommodation - Reception and Portering
Welcome guests to New Zealand. You'll develop professional reception, administration and customer service skills. Learn through role-plays of customer interactions. Benefit from small, friendly classes. Wear a professional uniform. See the industry in action by visiting hotels and tourism attractions.
What you will learn
- Gain skills in customer service
- Develop your communication skills
- Learn about effective problem solving in the reception environment
- Learn the techniques for successful sales and marketing
You'll gain transferable skills you could use in hospitality or business administration roles.
Learn from experienced tutors who can link you with job opportunities
- Hotel Team Member
Further study options
Move into hotel reception. Or study tourism.
- Under 20
- 10 NCEA literacy credits at Level 1 or above (as specified on the NZQA list) made up of 5 credits in reading and 5 credits in writing
- 10 numeracy credits at Level 1 or above (as specified on the NZQA list), or equivalent
If you’re 20 years or over, contact us to see if you qualify for special admissions on our programmes.
What it will cost
- Fee: $3,573
Student services fee: $220
Compulsory fee, based on full time study. More details about how this fee is set and how you can input.
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
- Offered by:
- School of Hospitality
- Offered by:
- Te Kūmete nui o te Manaakitanga
- Formal programme title:
- New Zealand Certificate in Accommodation (Level 3) Portering and Reception
- Programme code: