New Zealand Certificate in Hotel Reception
Enter the exciting world of hotels. Work in New Zealand and overseas with an internationally-recognised qualification. Meet new people. Experience something different each day. This is the next step up from the Level 3 certificate and is focused on hotel reception. You'll gain specialist skills to work in hotels.
What you will learn
- Learn how to operate software used in the hotel industry
- Complete practical work and gain insight into working in a hotel
- Learn specific arrival, departure and reservations processes for hotels
- Cover portering and reception
You'll learn from experienced tutors who can link you with job opportunities.
- Hotel Receptionist
Further study options
You might want to study tourism. Or choose hospitality management.
- Under 20
- 10 NCEA literacy credits at Level 1 or above (as specified on the NZQA list) made up of 5 credits in reading and 5 credits in writing
- 10 numeracy credits at Level 1 or above (as specified on the NZQA list) or equivalent
- Or successful completion of NZ2103 New Zealand Certificate in Accommodation (Level 3)
If you’re 20 years or over, contact us to see if you qualify for special admissions on our programmes.
What it will cost
- Fee: $3,304
Student services fee: $220
Your student fee is included in your course fees. It is not billed separately. Amount shown is based on full year study. More details.
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
- Offered by:
- School of Hospitality
- Offered by:
- Te Kūmete nui o te Manaakitanga
- Formal programme title:
- New Zealand Certificate in Hotel Reception (Level 4)
- Programme code: