How to Survive in a Digital World
Take your computer skills further. Learn about managing digital photos. Instant messages. Safety online. Advanced email techniques. Free, self-paced course. No computer or computer experience needed.
What you will learn
- Self-paced learning, flexible class times
- You choose the topics you want to learn
- Each course comes with a free workbook with clear instructions and diagrams
- Tutors on-hand to provide assistance
Manage your own digital photos
Learn how to download and save digital photos, perform simple editing functions, back up digital photos, create digital albums and print individual photos.
Send and receive instant messages
Learn how to download and install and IM (Instant Message) programme, send and receive Instant Messages, send abbreviated text (text speak rather than full speech) and create and use an online identity.
Protect your computer from the threat of hackers and viruses.
Advanced email techniques
Learn how to block unwanted emails, attach and send files and more.
Wellington CBD campus
Classes will not run on public holidays.
Further study options
- Under 20
What it will cost
- No study fees (other course related costs may still apply)
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
- Offered by:
- School of Business and Information Technology
- Offered by:
- Te Kete Hangarau o te Pākihi me te Aronui
- Formal programme title:
- How to Survive in a Digital World
- Programme code: