Enjoy helping people? Start a career focused on community. Gain your NCEA Level 2 in 17 weeks. Study fees free. Get an introduction to work life and social and community services. Learn some basic skills. Community development. Personal development. Adventure based learning.
What you will learn
- Supporting health and well being - understanding the role of support workers
- Communication, social and co-operative skills - understand and engage with community teams
- Emergency response – prepare and learn how to take action in emergencies
- Health, recreation and community - awareness of benefits of recreation, including adventure based learning
& Community Services
Further study options
Train in health care and community services. Or office support.
- Under 20
What it will cost
- No study fees (other course related costs may still apply)
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
- Offered by:
- School of Health and Social Services
- Offered by:
- Te Hau Tapu me te Puna Oranga
- Formal programme title:
- National Certificate of Educational Achievement (Vocational Pathway Social and Community Services Sector)
- Programme code: