Automotive - Panel Refinishing
Gain an introduction in to what a career in collision repair and automotive refinishing could be like.
What you will learn
- US 21699 (Level 3, 3 credits): Prepare a painted automotive panel for repair and paint as well as preparing a bare metal panel for painting
- Lean minor dent repair e.g. ‘shopping trolley dent’ and prepping ready for painting
- Try out spray painting a car in our virtual spray booth
Safety footwear with a steel toe cap is required for health and safety purposes.
WelTec will provide eye protection, dust masks and coveralls.
First offering: Friday 5 May, Friday 12 May, Friday 19 May, Friday 26 May, Friday 9 June
Second offering: Friday 28 July, Friday 4 August, Friday 11 August, Friday 18 August, Friday 25 August
- Under 20
You must be attending secondary school.
What it will cost
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
To enrol as a international student you will need to download and complete our international enrolment form.
Once completed, you may submit the form and accompanying documentation directly to WelTec International, or go through one of our registered recruitment agents.
- Offered by:
- School of Business and Information Technology
- Offered by:
- Te Kete Hangarau o te Pākihi me te Aronui
- Formal programme title:
- STAR Automotive - Panel Refinishing
- Programme code: