An introduction to what a career as a hairdresser could be like. Classes are every Friday, over a five week period.
What you will learn
- Gain knowledge and skills of basic hairdressing
- Learn how to protect your client for hairdressing services in a salon environment (Unit standard: 21936, Level 2, 3 credits)
- Practice shampooing and elementary styling of hair
- Demonstrate knowledge of sustainability concepts for a salon (Unit standard: 25439, Level 2, 2 credits)
Student should wear full school uniform with closed toe shoes. Bring a pen and paper.
- Under 20
You must be attending secondary school.
What it will cost
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
Applying online is easy and takes only about 10 minutes.
You will need a few details:
An email address you check regularly.
The phone number of someone willing to be your emergency contact.
Your date of residency if you are a permanent resident in NZ.
If you have your NZQA National Student Number and/or a WelTec Student ID it will help us process your application faster.
To enrol as a international student you will need to download and complete our international enrolment form.
Once completed, you may submit the form and accompanying documentation directly to WelTec International, or go through one of our registered recruitment agents.
- Offered by:
- School of Business and Information Technology
- Offered by:
- Te Kete Hangarau o te Pākihi me te Aronui
- Formal programme title:
- Programme code: