Te Whare Ako provides quality education and care for children aged between six months and five years. The early learning centre welcomes all children from the community, including those of WelTec students and staff.
Why choose Te Whare Ako?
- High teacher to child ratios allow for the best care and learning opportunities for your child
- Trusting, respectful relationships with teachers ensure a safe and caring whānau environment
- Teachers understand and foster the needs of every child
- Programmes provide freedom and space for children to develop skills and strategies in their own time
- Our learning environment includes familiar experiences and new challenges
- Indoors, we have two play spaces for children, as well as nursery and quiet rooms
- Outside, children can explore the fully fenced area, experiencing the sandpit, play equipment and swings
We offer competitive fees and support families with subsidies. Te Whare Ako offers 20 free hours of early childhood education to all 3 and 4 year olds. Some families are also entitled to a childcare subsidy through Work and Income New Zealand.
Enrolling your child
Contact Te Whare Ako as soon as possible to establish whether a place is available. If not, we can place your child on the waiting list.
Pop in, or give us a call to arrange a tour of the centre and discuss your needs.
Phone: (04) 920 2407
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7.30am-5.30pm
Perfect for whānau who are studying, working longer hours or travelling from the city.
Location: 9-11 Elizabeth St, Petone