ICT Services and Information
WelTec provides you with computers, printers, photocopiers, and software on our campuses to support your study. You can bring in your own device and connect to our wireless network on most campuses.
Once your computer profile has been created you can also get remote access to the WelTec network from home or work through using the Citrix gateway, accessed from the website.
You will need to ensure that you are using an up to date internet browser and have broadband access.
Online learning spaces are also provided for many courses. Your tutor will give you details of how to access and engage with Moodle during your first few days of study.
You can login at any time after you have received your acceptance letter which has your login ID and password in it. You can login at any campus in the Learning Commons. Your first login will need to be at one of our campuses.
Students require a complex password so it will sync with their email address. A complex password in this case is one that:
- Must use 8 to 16 characters
- A strong password that can't be easily guessed or discovered
- Must contain lowercase and uppercase characters, and numbers (0-9)
- Can contain symbols, e.g. (! @ # $ %)
Please do not use your user name. You also cannot use a password you have previously used (in last 24 passwords). An example of how to create a password that can be updated easily is: LedZeppy01!, LedZeppy02!, LedZeppy03!
Resetting your password
Use the Citrix gateway to change/reset your network password from off campus if it is about to expire or has expired. If your password has expired you will be prompted to change it when you login.
If you wish to access the WelTec student network remotely, please click on this link.
Student conditions of computer use at WelTec
Please click on this link to read the student conditions of computer use at WelTec.
If you have any questions or need help using WelTec’s ICT services, contact us.
Phone: (04) 830 3150
Student Home Drive (H Drive) file storage at WelTec
WelTec provides each student with a home drive (H). There is 1GB of storage space on your Home Drive, (appears in Windows Explorer as H: Drive).
It is recommended that you use this space to save your work as this is backed up daily. Your Home Drive is provided for you to store any files you are working on that relate to the programme you are undertaking. When you save to “My Documents” you are saving to your Home Drive. It is important to remember that work saved to other storage places such as a personal USB drive cannot be recovered if anything goes wrong.
You should not store in your Home Drive any of the following:
- Any files that breach Copyright laws
- Photos, Music or Videos not being used in your programme
- Applications or software install files
- Virtual Machine Files
- Some programmes (Engineering and Creative Technologies) have additional storage requirements. Your tutor will advise you if provisions have been made for you to store files on a specific shared drive.
If you are about to exceed your 1GB limit, please do the following to free up your disk space:
- Files in your Recycle Bin also count towards your quota, so emptying the Recycle Bin is the first thing to try if you are running out of space.
- Delete obsolete files or documents
- Move all business related documents into the Shared Drive (i.e. I drive)
- Files and documents can be copied onto a DVD, USB drive or an external hard drive for larger quantities of data (personal files - ie: are not WelTec files that are required to be within our storage provision)
WelTec wireless Internet
Select the WelTec-BYOD network on your device and connect using your WelTec login and password.
Student ID cards
Student ID card
Your WelTec student ID card is your formal identification on campus. It allows you to access printing, use the library and receive student discounts.
You can get your student ID card made two weeks prior to the start date of your course or anytime during your first week. Student ID cards can be made at reception, Monday - Friday from 8am - 5pm.
If you're unable to visit us in person, please email your address details and photo to our Student Advisors. We will send your ID card to you.