Stay in school but learn new skills two days a week at Trades Academy. Earn NCEA credits. Fees free. Gain insight into working with clients, developing ideas, and presenting work. Get hands-on with gear, different creative applications and cameras. Create for print and web. Try animation, cultural and industrial design.
What you will learn
- The fundamentals required of creative designers
- How to use creative industry software and hardware
- To complete client and self-directed briefs for print, industrial, web, animation, digital video and indigenous design
- How to prepare and present portfolio work for employment, higher education or exhibition
- Understand indigenous visual language design elements
- Class runs on Thursday and Friday from 9am - 2.30pm with a half hour lunch break
- Travel costs incurred are provided free
- Protective clothing and safety equipment will be provided if needed
- Normal school holidays apply
Further study options
- Under 20
Students must be enrolled in a secondary school in the Wellington region and must enrol in the Wellington Trades Academy through their secondary school.
You should have achieved at least 60 credits at NCEA Level 1, including the requirements for NCEA Level 1 literacy and numeracy (10 literacy credits and 10 numeracy credits).
What it will cost
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
This programme requires a special enrolment process. Please refer to the documents section below for further information.
To enrol as a international student you will need to download and complete our international enrolment form.
Once completed, you may submit the form and accompanying documentation directly to WelTec International, or go through one of our registered recruitment agents.
Documents and other details
- Offered by:
- School of Business and Information Technology
- Offered by:
- Te Kete Hangarau o te Pākihi me te Aronui
- Formal programme title:
- Creative Technology
- Programme code: