Early Childhood Studies
Stay in school but learn new skills two days a week at Trades Academy. Earn NCEA credits. Fees free. Learn about child development and the health and well being of young children. Gain knowledge of the Early Childhood curriculum, Te Whāriki. This programme is a great first step towards a career in early childhood teaching.
What you will learn
- Development and learning practices in early childhood education
- Health and well being in an early childhood education service
- How to contribute to a safe environment for children, promoting health and well being
- Curriculum requirements in an early childhood education service
- How to create resources for children's developmental learning
& Community Services
- Class runs on Thursday and Friday from 9am - 2.30pm with a half hour lunch break
- Travel costs incurred are provided free
- Protective clothing and safety equipment will be provided if needed
- Normal school holidays apply
- Under 20
Students must be enrolled in a secondary school in the Wellington region and must enrol in the Wellington Trades Academy through their secondary school.
You should have achieved at least 60 credits at NCEA Level 1, including the requirements for NCEA Level 1 literacy and numeracy (10 literacy credits and 10 numeracy credits).
What it will cost
- No study fees (other course related costs may still apply)
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
This programme requires a special enrolment process. Please refer to the documents section below for further information.
Documents and other details
- Offered by:
- School of Business and Information Technology
- Offered by:
- Te Kete Hangarau o te Pākihi me te Aronui
- Formal programme title:
- Early Childhood Studies
- Programme code: