Hair and Beauty Salon Support
Stay in school but learn new skills two days a week at Trades Academy. Earn NCEA credits. Fees free. Begin your career in hair and beauty. Gain the skills and knowledge to work in a salon support role by covering elementary hairdressing and beauty services, professional customer service and communication skills. Learn about the retail environment.
What you will learn
- How to provide client service and care and assist the operator in a beauty and hairdressing salon environment
- Maintaining personal presentation and a positive attitude in situations involving client contact
- Understand workplace requirements for employment in a salon, and sustainability concepts
- Learn about the retail environment, including customer shopping and buying motives, theft and fraud
- How to create displays and present goods for sale in a retail environment
- Relevance of anatomy and physiology knowledge to beauty therapy practice
- Current fashion trends and history relating to beauty therapy
- Class runs on Thursday and Friday from 9am - 2.30pm with a half hour lunch break
- Travel costs incurred are provided free
- Protective clothing and safety equipment will be provided if needed
- Normal school holidays apply
Further study options
- Under 20
Students must be enrolled in a secondary school in the Wellington region and must enrol in the Wellington Trades Academy through their secondary school.
You should have achieved at least 60 credits at NCEA Level 1, including the requirements for NCEA Level 1 literacy and numeracy (10 literacy credits and 10 numeracy credits).
What it will cost
- No study fees (other course related costs may still apply)
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
This programme requires a special enrolment process. Please refer to the documents section below for further information.
Documents and other details
- Offered by:
- School of Creative Industries
- Offered by:
- Te Ranga Ahumahi o ngā Hāpori
- Formal programme title:
- Hair and Beauty Salon Support
- Programme code: