Stay in school but learn new skills two days a week at Trades Academy. Earn NCEA credits. Fees free. Gain skills for a career in a beauty or hairdressing salon. Learn about salon requirements, sustainability, fashion trends and customer care as they relate to hairdressing and beauty therapy services. Gain practical insights into this creative industry.
What you will learn
- Salon requirements, sustainability and fashion trends in the hairdressing and beauty therapy industry
- Customer care in relation to hairdressing and beauty therapy services
- Gain practical insights into the industry
- Class runs on Thursday and Friday from 9am - 2.30pm with a half hour lunch break
- Travel costs incurred are provided free
- Protective clothing and safety equipment will be provided if needed
- Normal school holidays apply
Further study options
- Under 20
Students must be enrolled in a secondary school in the Wellington region and must enrol in the Wellington Trades Academy through their secondary school.
You should have achieved at least 60 credits at NCEA Level 1, including the requirements for NCEA Level 1 literacy and numeracy (10 literacy credits and 10 numeracy credits).
What it will cost
- No study fees (other course related costs may still apply)
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
This programme requires a special enrolment process. Please refer to the documents section below for further information.
Documents and other details
- Offered by:
- School of Creative Industries
- Offered by:
- Te Ranga Ahumahi o ngā Hāpori
- Formal programme title:
- Salon Environment
- Programme code: