Stay in school but learn new skills two days a week at Trades Academy. Earn NCEA credits. Fees free. This programme will provide you with an insight into the building, plumbing and infrastructure industries. Gain practical hands-on experience while learning about the Health and Safety requirements of each trade.
What you will learn
- Gain an understanding across industries; building, construction, plumbing and infrastructure industries
- How to undertake practical tasks and apply your skills through theories you have learnt
- How industry works through field trips and also more about projects off site through participating
- Class runs on Thursday and Friday from 9am - 2.30pm with a half hour lunch break
- Travel costs incurred are provided free
- Protective clothing and safety equipment will be provided if needed
- Normal school holidays apply
Further study options
- Under 20
Students must be enrolled in a secondary school in the Wellington region and must enrol in the Wellington Trades Academy through their secondary school.
You should have achieved at least 60 credits at NCEA Level 1, including the requirements for NCEA Level 1 literacy and numeracy (10 literacy credits and 10 numeracy credits).
What it will cost
- No study fees (other course related costs may still apply)
This programme is not available to international students.
Where will my course be?
Ready to enrol?
This programme requires a special enrolment process. Please refer to the documents section below for further information.
Documents and other details
- Offered by:
- School of Construction
- Offered by:
- Ngā whare tapu o Tane-mata-rau-kiri
- Formal programme title:
- Trades Skills
- Programme code: